Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Week in the Life

Things that happened to me this week:

  • Story number 1- Wednesday afternoon. Taiana, another girl from my grade, and I are all biking home together. The weather is gorgeous, the sun is shining, and we're all happy because we got done with school early. Now, technically, you're not supposed to bike with three people next to each other on the bike paths. But, everyone does it, and then when other bikers come from the other direction you just get closer together, or one person falls behind. We start to come up towards this older couple who are riding their bikes towards us. They're getting closer, and closer, and closer, until we're right next to them. Then, out of no where this scooter comes flying towards us and tries to go between us on the path. Unfortunately, there was not enough room for him to go through. His mirror knocked into my handlebars and I sped off the side of the path. But, don't worry. With my quick reflexes I kep the bike standing up, and I didn't even fall! Let me just say though, that it was extremely scary, and very embarrassing. Everyone was looking at me. Maybe it was worth it though, because now I did get to tell this story, "when I got hit by a scooter."
  • Story Number 2- Sometime this week (I can't remember what day), I decided that I was going to download iTunes to the computer here, and then put my music onto iTunes so I could get new songs, move my old ones, etc. You know, everything that you do with iTunes. I went through the whole long process of downloading it, and then I plugged my iPod in. Of course, the iTunes program was in Dutch. Thinking that it would be obvious when the computer was asking every me something important I clicked "ja" to basically every question. But then, I looked at my iPod, and I saw... no songs! There were no songs on my iPod. All gone. Kapoot! No more Lily Allen, or Taylor Swift (she's the only country singer I like, don't worry), or all of the songs I listened to on the way here.
  • Story Number 3- Actually, I guess this one isn't really a story. I just want to make it known that I was not very happy after I deleted all my music from my iPod. So then I was really frustrated when I realized that I have to take the PSAT in two weeks. And I was really frustrated when I ran into the dog's bed about four times in a row. Everything was frustrating!
  • Story Number 4- Another bike story. Thursday at school, one of our classes got canceled, so one of the girls in my class and I decided to go the mall for a little bit. But, then I realized that I didn't have my bike with me because I'd gotten a ride to school. So she says, "Oh, it's no problem. You can just ride on the back of my bike." Of course, I'm totally terrified to go on the back of her bike, but finally she convinces me that it will be fine. We bike to the mall and nothing happens. I was terrified the whole way, but we made it there safely. We walked around at the market, we ate Ben and Jerry's, we walked around in the mall. Then it was time to go home. Somewhere, something went wrong when we were trying to get started. We ended up crashed, in the middle of the road, with a ton of people watching. Another embarrassing bike story for the records.

Besides all those exciting things, the week was normal. School all week, then on Tuesday and Thursday I practice with the running team. I do homework, I write e-mails home, we watch t.v. together (sometimes Dutch, sometimes English).

And then there's the weekend. Just hang on, I'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment